"The Basics of Healthy Eating"
Healthy Cooking for a Healthy Lifestyle
Meredith interacts with the audience to open up a dialog on these
important aspects of a healthy lifestyle:
• Which food groups contribute to maximum health and in what
• Which nutrients are most important–protein, minerals, vitamins,
fats or carbohydrates?
• And which kind of carbohydrates are best for optimal health?
• Where does fiber come from and what is its purpose?
• Do plant proteins and fats have the same effects on the body as
the proteins and fats that come from animal sources?
• What about raw food? How do you plan simple meals that heal?
• What staples do you need to have on hand to create a sense of
ease when time is of the essence and you’re hungry for really
To make getting started with healthy cooking easy, you’ll take home a shopping list of healing foods and a week’s worth of quick and easy
PDSA, an organization for people with ITP, an autoimmune disease
French Meadows Macrobiotic Summer Camp
TAMalpais Community Education, Marin County, CA
Alameda Point Collaborative, a youth center, Alameda, CA